11/03/2014 :: Project Architect
Award-winning midtown firm specializing in housing, sustainable urban revitalization and educational projects seeks talented Project Architect for permanent position. Approx 5 years exp.; strong Revit skills (modeling, family building, detailing and understanding of worksharing is essential – expert level preferred); excellent graphic skills; experience in NYC construction is required; multi-family housing experience a plus.
Email cover letter w/salary requirements, resume, and limited work samples in one 4-5 MB pdf to Lisa Rondon
No Calls Please.
11/03/2014 :: Architectural Designer
Hawk & Co is seeking individuals with refined taste who understand how to be a building block in the making of a luxury brand. Our motto is "design like you give a f@$&". We want the catalysts and the inspired. As a young and up and coming design firm, we are looking for individuals who thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment where personal growth is encouraged. We are involved in all aspects of various projects, including interiors, furniture, lighting and various custom applications. Candidates must have comprehensive design skills, good interpersonal abilities, strong organizational capabilities, and enjoy working in a team-oriented studio environment.
The Architectural Designer is a self-motivated, hard-working professional dedicated to achieving design excellence. The position involves exposure to all phases of work from programming, planning, and schematic design through construction administration. We offer completive salary and benefits programs which commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in architecture and interiors (note: interior designers are encouraged to apply but must be able to produce construction detailing for one-off "money is no object" features). Residential experience a plus.
- Bachelor's or professional degree.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the industry/profession.
- Hand Sketching.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
- Proficiency with 3D modeling software including Rhino and Sketch-up. Rendering capabilities a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to understand and produce plans, sections, elevations and working sketches.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking ability and good judgment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks against deadlines.
- Knowledge of and experience with all aspects and drawings of a construction document package including construction/ architectural details, ceiling and millwork detailing, hardware, AV integration, schedules, finishes, etc.
- Effective communication and coordination as required with project manager and project team (including MEP engineering, contractors, furniture vendors).
- Experience with California Building Codes and Title 24 Code Compliance a plus.
Please provide cover letter, resume and work samples (pdf no more than 5MB) to demonstrate your design interests and proficiency to email
with the title: Architectural Designer.
No phone calls please.
11/03/2014 :: Junior Architect
Busy Williamsburg office is looking for uniquely qualified Jr. architects, interns, and designers.
We are a small office with creative clients and a diverse range project types including innovative office design, high end residential renovation, new houses, interiors, institutions, art installation, and retail design.
Currently seeking creative individuals who would appreciate the opportunity to learn a wide range of skills and be involved in projects from conception to realization in a collaborative, open studio.
Candidate must have great organizational and communication skills, be independent and self-motivated, have good knowledge of Vector Works, and excellent demonstrated design and presentation skills. Knowledge of and interest in contemporary art and design helpful.
We unfortunately cannot sponsor foreign applicants.
Please note we will only review complete inquiries presented by email with a cover letter describing your specific experiences and interests along with a resume and work samples.
11/03/2014 :: Architect
Due to an exciting and growing portfolio of projects, we have an ideal opportunity for a talented architect to become an integral part of our creative and friendly team in our London studio.
Purcell is an award-winning partnership of architects, designers and historic building consultants with a commitment to quality.
We work on some of the finest buildings in the UK and beyond. From meticulous conservation schemes to bold contemporary design, we create thoughtful architecture that enhances its context.
- Have good experience with working on cultural sector projects, especially performing arts buildings.
- Post qualification experience of 2 -3 years.
- Have outstanding design skills.
- Demonstrate excellent job running and organisational skills.
- Have AutoCAD experience and skills.
It would also be an advantage but not essential if candidates have conservation knowledge and experience of working with historic sites/buildings.
Please send a covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for our Practice, your required salary, a copy of your CV and a small portfolio (no bigger than 5MB) to the HR Manager at email
quoting reference: Cul/Arts2014 in the subject line.
11/03/2014 :: Architects / Interior Designers
Archibucks is a professional architecture career consultant for people who want to have their career in architecture design fields. We do placement for over 100 professional architects and architecture internship in China every year. Our clients includes SOM, RTKL, ARUP and other top international design firms. Archibucks are supported by Fanfan International Education Studio (www.fanfanstudio.org), an NGO who supports Entrepreneurship in China.
Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen
Position: Junior or Senior Architects/Interior Designer
Position Number: 50
City and Location：Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen
Starting Period：Employer is looking for candidates who can start ASAP
Working hrs：40hrs weekly
Payment：RMB 10000-RMB40000 per month, formal job, at least one year working contract
Visa Type: Z-visa, visa will be supported by Archibucks, but cost is afforded by applicants.
Work contents summary:
- Participate in the design process of company's different projects, including retail, building complex, hotel and office buidlings design and urban & city planning.
- Performs and completes work on defined segments of a project, after initial and periodic interaction with assigned supervisor and organizes own work efforts within that framework.
- Exhibits thorough understanding of design philosophy of projects and provides input in developing a design strategy relative to assigned task or area or responsibility.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops associated research and documentation for these solutions.
- Contributes to team effort through the spirit of cooperation.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of local office standards, policies and procedures.
- Contributes to detailed preparation of design and construction documents during all project phases.
- Checks, coordinates and integrates work with other project team members.
- Performs material and building systems research and participates in the coordination and preparation of project specifications.
- Reviews shop drawings and samples under periodic direction of an assigned supervisor.
- Develops responses to contractor questions, inquiries, RFI’s etc. under periodic direction of an assigned supervisor.
- Prepares punch-lists and field observation reports under periodic supervision of an assigned supervisor.
- Provides major input and management of project document control tasks.
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures.
- Is actively pursuing or has achieved professional accreditation and licensure.
- Is actively pursuing or has achieved LEED professional accreditation.
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program.
- Minimum of one years total professional experience; experience in all phases of project work including preparation of conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents and supporting materials preferable.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies and building codes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital modeling and rendering programs, and Photoshop preferred.
- Mandarin Speaking & listening Skill will be a plus.
How to Apply?
Submit the application package including: CV(with photo), and portfolio, all in English to email
Tele-Interview: Qualified applicants will get tele-interview arranged by archibucks or employers.
Please refer in your application to world-architects.com