18/05/2013 :: Project Architect
Immediate opening for a Project Architect committed to design excellence with a proven ability to realize built projects. The Project Architect will work closely with the Principal to establish design direction and lead projects from concept design through project completion.
- 4+ years of experience with minimum of 2 years as a lead project manager or project architect for residential projects.
- Highly developed skills in client communications, contract administration, project scheduling, team leadership, building design, technical detailing and consultant coordination.
- Highly skilled in AutoCAD, Photoshop, and 3D rendering software.
- Extensive understanding of materials, construction processes, systems, and methodologies. Capable of detailing and construction documents with minimal supervision.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and minimum of five work samples, both academic and professional, in a single PDF document no larger than 3MB to email
. Web links will not be accessed. Please include salary requirements and availability. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to respond to those we are interested in interviewing.
Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa. Please do not apply if you do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
No phone calls please.
18/05/2013 :: Interior Designer
Small, fast-growing hospitality interior design firm seeks interior designer with excellent 3D computer rendering skills (AutoCAD, 3Ds Max and V-Ray). Tremendous growth opportunity for the right person in a hands-on environment. Applicant must be able to juggle several tasks in fast-paced office. Job includes design and design development, space planning, client management, specifying FF&E, and preparation of presentation boards, renderings and construction documents. Hospitality design experience a plus.
Candidate must meet all required criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Excellent 2D and 3D Autocad, Photoshop, Sketch Up, and Microsoft Office skills.
Please send resume with examples of 3D renderings and project photos to email
18/05/2013 :: Senior Architect / Urban Designer
JTP’s Shanghai studio seeks a Senior Architect/Urban Designer to further strengthen its successful and established team.
Working alongside the CEO China, this pivotal and varied role involves:
- Progressing the design and delivery of large scale residential-led masterplanning projects - ranging from visions for new cities to innovative designs for mixed-use neighbourhoods.
- Liaising with JTP clients; developing new and existing relationships.
- Preparation and delivery of key bids, presentations and reports.
- Attending and presenting at client briefings and meetings.
- Assisting in our unique charrette design process.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented architect/urban designer keen to fast track their career within a leading, international placemaking practice. The ideal candidate will be a highly personable and ambitious designer with excellent English and Mandarin language skills (both written and verbal). A genuine enthusiasm for placemaking and collaborative methods of working is essential.
As AJ100 Employer of the Year 2012, JTP prides itself in offering a stimulating and enjoyable place to work with genuine opportunities for career progression. If you would like to share in our future success then please send an English version of your CV, along with a covering letter and samples of your work to email
John Thompson & Partners is an international architecture and urban design practice. From our studios in London, Edinburgh and Shanghai we undertake projects at every scale, from cities and towns, neighbourhoods, streets, and the design of individual buildings.
Since 2009, JTP has undertaken over 25 masterplanning projects in China ranging from detailed plans for mixed-use town centres and neighbourhoods, to visions for new cities and sub-regional strategies. Underpinning our work is our charrette based methodology, strong placemaking philosophy and principles of sustainable urbanism and bioclimatic design.
Our Shanghai studio, launched in January 2011, has established a strong local and international team in China working in close collaboration with our UK studios.
John Thompson & Partners is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
18/05/2013 :: Junior Designer
Studio 12 Architecture is an award winning architectural firm specializing in residential and light commercial projects. We are based in San Francisco. Studio 12 seeks a Junior Designer for a key position in our San Francisco office. We are a casual, but hard-working, office with a strong commitment to all facets of architectural design and implementation –site, structure, detailing. We believe in strong collaborative efforts, both in-house as well as with our clients, and we seek similar minded individuals.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited school of Architecture.
- A minimum of one year of work experience in an architectural firmþ
- Strong design skills; some 3D modeling is a big 'plus'.
- Self-motivated with an interest in professional growth.
- An ability to focus on more than one project at a time.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control.
- Proficiency: AutoCAD (req’d), Revit, Photoshop, SketchUp (optional).
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, detailed resume, references, and a few samples of your work to email
Please include “Studio 12 – Junior Designer” in the subject line.
Please also include salary requirements and availability.
18/05/2013 :: Senior Healthcare Architect
PBK is in search of a licensed architect to fill the role of Senior Healthcare Architect in the Healthcare Division in our Houston, Texas office. This demanding and fast paced position will require a personable candidate with extensive experience in client service. Prior experience working for an Architectural/Engineering Consultant, or construction related firm is required. The candidate should have extremely strong inter-personal skills. Aggressive, client oriented personalities with a knack for creative problem solving will succeed in this position.
The job duties will include accurately preparing project construction documents; communicating with and coordinates the preparation of documents with consultants, contractors, team members; reviewing shop drawings, project submittals, etc. for document compliance; documenting code review and compliance; communicating and coordinating with management, clients, consultants and contractors related to daily business operations; supervising various aspects of assigned projects. This position would collaborate with senior leadership on overall project delivery strategies, tools, and format.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who consider themselves as entrepreneurial overachievers. Highest compensation package available. The sky is the limit for this position.
- A minimum of 10 years architectural experience.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, or related degree, from an accredited university.
- Licensed Architect preferred.
- Proficient in Revit Architecture.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations and vendors.
- Must be quality minded and self motivated.