14/05/2013 :: Project Revit Designer
We see this page a vehicle for listening, learning and leading. Weíll post news, discuss trends and ask questions. We hope youíll share your thoughts with us with an eye toward collaborating to create better places for learning, healing and human development.
- Model, design, coordinate and assemble complete sets of Construction Documents utilizing Revit software.
- Work collaboratively and effectively communicate with NAC principals and project teams providing solutions for complex geometry created in Revit.
- Follow the firmís established Revit protocols, and create project specific Revit materials and content.
- Conduct regular reviews of the Revit model to ensure best practices are being followed.
- Review, coordinate and incorporate into Revit the work of structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape, civil, client, contractor, product rep, and other consultants.
- Draw details using Revit.
Minimum requirements: Bachelorís degree in Architecture with seven years Revit experience and seven years of experience putting together Construction Documents. Ability to work in a team environment, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritize work, excellent problem solving and organizational skills. This is a temporary position with the possibility to continue on as permanent depending on work climate.
Please email resume and cover letter to:
NAC Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer
14/05/2013 :: Residential Interior Architect
Madeline Stuart & Associates is currently seeking a talented residential architect / interior architect to work in our Los Angeles office. Over the past 20 years, the work of Madeline Stuart & Associates has been featured in numerous publications and the firm is distinguished by its inclusion on Architectural Digest's prestigious list of the top 100 Design & Architecture firms. MSA is currently involved in a number of large scale residential construction projects that require architectural design, detailing and project management. The ideal candidate will need to have experience in high-end, custom design and be familiar with the myriad responsibilities associated with facilitating the design and building of this type of project.
- A minimum of a B. Arch degree from an accredited institution, 3-5 years work experience in architecture or interior design.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD; knowledge of 3D modeling/Rendering programs is advantageous.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite a plus.
- Experience with interior design beneficial - specifically materials and fixture specifications - but not mandatory.
- Experience with custom detailing including exterior and interior finish details such as millwork, tile and stone details, etc.
- Expertise in preparing documents for all design phases including Programming and Schematic design through Construction Administration and close out.
- Effective communicator with experience coordinating consultants and vendors.
- Self-motivated team player who possesses strong leadership and organizational skills.
Position available immediately; please provide portfolio for reference.
14/05/2013 :: Architect
As a result of an increasing workload in a variety of sectors Frankham has an opportunity for a job runner architect with design emphasis and a senior architectural technician both having 5 years post qualification - RIBA and CIAT as appropriate.
Applicants must have experience of AutoCAD 2010, and experience in BIM using Revit, need to be able to work well as part of a project team and on an individual basis.
Experience of the preparation of all works packages from inception to completion, NBS specification writing and detail design are essential. Applicants need to be flexible and able to work on a variety of projects predominantly in health, education but with an all round background in residential and transport projects.
Frankham are a multi discipline architectural practice based in 4 offices in the South, we are looking to recruit in our Sussex office.
We work on projects varying from £500k to £40m in all major building sectors. This opportunity allows personal development in a relaxed and vibrant design practice environment.
Applications for these positions should be made by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
attaching a CV and a small selection of work together with a statement of why you consider yourself suitable.
14/05/2013 :: Mandarin Speaking Urban Designer
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP, an internationally-known, multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering design practice seeks applications for an Urban Designer to join the Urban Design and Planning Studio in its San Francisco office. The Studio specializes in the planning and urban design of large-scale, urban revitalization projects, as well as in master plans for major institutions, business campuses, and new communities. Projects are primarily located in the western United States and the Pacific Rim. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on prestigious projects, for interdisciplinary collaboration within the firm, and gain visibility in the community.
- Master Degree in Urban Design or City Planning, with undergraduate training in architecture design.
- At least two (2) years of relevant professional experience in the urban design.
Background and skill set:
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in Mandarin.
- Demonstrated excellence in urban design, 3-D building massing conceptualization.
- Understand urban planning zoning and technical issues.
- Outstanding graphic presentation skill.
- Candidate must demonstrate computer skills, including proficiency with AutoCAD and desktop publishing software.
- Ability to use GIS and 3-D computer modeling software is a plus.
- Highly-motivated, good team player, and possess strong oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to support client and multi-disciplinary sub-consultant team communications.
- Travel may be required
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and work samples at www.som.com/careers under the SF - Mandarin Speaking Urban Designer requisition. Thanks!
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, www.som.com/careers
14/05/2013 :: Design Architect
Belt Collins International (HK) Limited is an international planning, landscape design and consulting firm with more than 600 design professionals in five offices. Our team specializes in delivering value-adding services to leading developers for award-winning projects in China, Southeast Asia and countries around the world.
- Candidates should hold a university degree in Architecture with 10 years or above relevant experience, preferably with good experience on urban planning.
- International conceptual master planning and design experience in large scale high end residential, mixed-use urban developments, hotels and/or resorts is a necessity.
- With proven experience in theme design and China planning work is a must.
- Experience in hospitality and entertainment projects as well as shopping centre and club house would be at an advantage.
- LEED AP certification preferred.
- Excellent hand graphics and strong design talent with effective communication and leadership skills are essential.
- Having excellent design sense, responsible and self-motivated and with the ability to lead design and provide directions and design solutions to design team members from conceptual stage.
- Candidates with strong design capabilities on architectural concept, design development, elevation treatment, articulation on plan and elevation and spatial creation are welcome to try.
Belt Collins International (HK) Limited, www.bchk.com.hk