09/05/2013 :: Architect
Workshop/apd is a design firm specializing in both luxury home design and high-end commercial development. We actively leverage our experience to solve design challenges with innovative solutions that incorporate sustainable methods and ingenuity within a signature aesthetic. Our environment fosters creativity and embraces technological advances in products, fabrication, and materials. We advocate big ideas and we’re committed to design that is ethical, poetic, and of its time.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Design of residential projects (with a focus on wood frame construction).
- Involvement in all phases of the design/documentation.
- Computer modeling and rendering.
- Construction document preparation.
Applicants should have previous high-end residential experience and demonstrate proficient knowledge of residential wood frame construction methods. Candidates should also demonstrate good digital modeling and rendering abilities and competent use of all architectural design programs.
Specific required qualifications:
- AutoCAD 2004 or higher.
- 3D Studio Max (requirement).
- All Adobe programs.
- Professional Degree (B.Arch or M.Arch).
- 3+ years office experience (should be able to showcase finished/built work).
Candidates should be prepared to present their portfolio of work. This is a full-time position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
If you feel that your background matches well with the requirements of this position, please send us at email
a cover letter with your compensation requirements, resume, and selected samples of your work (in one PDF file no larger than 5MB). Email should include "ARCHITECT" in the subject line. Candidates who fail to follow these instructions will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
09/05/2013 :: Senior Designer
Pfeiffer Partners Architects, Inc. is a design focused practice of architects, interior designers and planners with offices in Los Angeles and New York City. We work nationally and internationally with an emphasis on cultural, arts, and educational projects for public and private clients.
Pfeiffer Partners is currently seeking a highly creative Senior Designer for our Los Angeles office to support the firm’s continued growth.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Architectural degree from an accredited program.
- 8 or more years of relevant architectural experience in cultural, institutional, and educational work.
- Excellent design skills, with the ability to conceptualize and design complex projects from the pre-design through construction documents phases.
- Experience with the supervision of junior design staff.
- Self motivated; ability to manage time well and work towards deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English and valid work status in the U.S.
- Experience working with both large and small multidisciplinary design teams.
- Experience working as Project Architect or similar, through all design phases of projects, including construction documents.
- Advanced skills and experience in 3D modeling and rendering with Sketchup, Rhino, 3D Max, Vray, and/or other design related software is considered essential.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD / Revit or similar BIM software is considered desirable.
- California architectural licensure is preferred.
- Working with the Design Principal and Principal in Charge, the successful applicant will lead & assist in design efforts on projects of multiple scales. He/she will demonstrate a high degree of creative thinking in the design process, and be able to effectively communicate design ideas both verbally and graphically.
- Develop presentations using physical and digital tools.
- Work directly and effectively with clients, consultants, vendors and contractors.
- The successful applicant will be able to work constructively in a team-oriented environment, provide mentorship, and manage junior design staff.
Pfeiffer Partners offers competitive salaries, benefit programs and profit sharing. Please send your resume to email
, with 'Senior Designer' in the subject line.
09/05/2013 :: Architects
We are looking for talented and experienced Architects. The roles offer rewarding work in our lively central London studios.
Applicants should have UK, office and large scale project experience, strong design & technical skills and fluency in AutoCAD. Revit and site experience beneficial.
Only candidates who are eligible to work in the UK should apply.
Please send CV and portfolio to .
09/05/2013 :: Architect
Herring & Trowbridge Architects is a commercial architectural firm. Our office is nestled in the trees overlooking a creek in Herndon, Virginia. Our workstations are large, bright, non-smoking and very well equipped. We minimize red tape and maximize creativity and efficiency. Benefits include 401K, excellent working conditions, and other benefits. We are a group of passionate architects that thrive on creating great architecture and have fun doing it.
We are searching for thinking, creative, passionate Architects at any level of experience who are looking for:
- Opportunity to participate in all aspects of the architectural process from concept through construction.
- Opportunity for long-term professional growth.
- Opportunity for creative and imaginative design.
- Opportunity to work in a stimulating, collaborative studio environment.
- Opportunity to participate in a variety of commercial project types and services including architecture, land planning, interior design, and graphics.
- Opportunity to collaborate with and learn from experienced, award winning senior architects.
- Opportunity to use the latest Macintosh based computer equipment and software.
- BARCH, Master's degree or equivalent with a GPA of 3.5.
- Qualified to work in the US legally.
- VectorWorks (preferred), AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Photoshop, Pagemaker, Quark, InDesign, MS Project, FastTrack, Merlin or similar applications.
Please visit our website to learn more about Herring & Trowbridge Architects. Send resume to: Employment, Herring & Trowbridge Architects, 690 Center Street, Suite 200, Herndon, Virginia 20170, or send resume to email
. No phone calls please.
09/05/2013 :: Interior Designers
Our regional headquarters in Singapore is now hiring Intermediate and Senior designers to meet an unprecedented demand for our specialized design services.
We are looking for motivated and articulate individuals who have a passion to excel.
If you have a desire to challenge yourself with high-end design and beyond, we would like to hear from you.
Candidates should ideally possess the following:
- A recognized Interior or Architectural qualification.
- A minimum of 2/3 years working experience in Interior Design.
- A keen sense of creativity and initiative.
- FF&E and/or AutoCAD skills are required.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is advantageous.
- Must be a team player and possess good time management skills to meet multiple deadlines.
- Chinese is a big advantage (oral and written skills).
If you are seeking a rewarding career with the world’s leading Hospitality Design Consultancy firm, please send your resume with photograph to email
HBA selected #1 hospitality giant by Interior Design magazine.