07/05/2013 :: Architect / Designer
WCMG is a small, creative event planning and production company currently transitioning to include a full scale internal design-build department. Our client and brand relationships puts WCMG in a unique position to work on a wide scale, scope and typologies of design and we are looking for 2-3 highly motived, highly skilled interns to help spearhead our multi-disciplinary design department. Interns will work directly with the senior designers and principals. Current projects include product and graphic design to full interior design-builds for multiple large scale projects and highly visible clients.
- High Proficiency in Adobe CS6 (ps, ai, id).
- High Proficiency in Rhino 5 w/ Vray 1.5.
- High Proficiency in ACAD.
- Great visualization skills and design sensibilities.
Please send resume and portfolio/ work samples to email
Please do not send emails larger than 5 mb.
Please do not mail hard copies or original portfolios.
Please do not call or contact office emails.
07/05/2013 :: Senior Technical Design Architect
Gehry Partners is currently seeking a Senior Technical Design Architect to work in the Los Angeles office. This person will be responsible for leading in-house architectural teams and/or assisting other in-house project teams, with the goal of producing projects of the highest technical caliber, operating with direct project involvement, and involved with mentoring and motivational leadership. This position will also participate in developing office standards and delivery systems. (Note that this is not a project management position.)
Successful candidates should have extensive experience with all architectural design phases and with delivery phases for large-scale, programmatically complex projects in the corporate, commercial, and institutional market sectors. Candidates should be articulate and have the ability to work and lead effectively in a team environment. Great attitude, flexibility, and the willingness to take on responsibility are highly valued.
Practical understanding of the application of digital tools such as AutoCAD, Revit, Rhinoceros, and Digital Project/CATIA is required. Candidates should have professional degree in architecture, be a licensed architect, and have a minimum of 18 years of experience.
Frank Gehry established his practice in Los Angeles, California in 1962. The Gehry partnership, Gehry Partners LLP, was formed in 2002 and currently supports a staff of more than 90 people engaged in the design, documentation, and construction administration of significant and complex structures around the world, including museums, concert halls, entertainment, retail, housing, and mixed-use. The firm is unique due to our emphasis on using 3D modeling and software (CATIA, Digital Project, Revit and physical modeling) in the design and construction process.
Salary is competitive and based on experience/skill level. Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required. Qualified candidates should submit a resume or curriculum vitae and at least five (5) excerpts in digital format that best represent the candidate’s professional and academic architecture work. Resumes submitted without work samples will not be considered; applications with only a reference to a website will not be considered. All applicants who are not U.S. citizens must describe their status to work in the United States, including visa type and duration. No telephone calls, please.
Gehry Partners, LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit the following materials to email:
- A dated letter of interest, briefly summarizing your background and experience, as well as your objectives in applying for this position.
- A clear, concise, current resume with education and professional experience, as well as academic, civic, and professional activities related to architecture and leadership.
- Additional information such as links to your website, online portfolio, blog, LinkedIn profile, or curated sites (Architizer, Issuu, Pinterest) if applicable.
- All materials should be in digital format (JPG, PNG, PDF) and will not be returned.
Please note that we intentionally limit email attachments to 10MB or less. If your combined materials will exceed this size, please contact us, and we will provide you with access to a folder in our Dropbox account.
If you should have any questions regarding these criteria or the process for review and selection, please contact us at email
07/05/2013 :: Regional Architect
About the Client: My client is a well established house-builder with a number of offices across the UK. They produce a high-quality product with a strong emphasis on design and landscaping. Working in their North West office you will report to the regional director.
About the Role: As Regional Architect you will work closely with the land team, assessing sites and developing high quality, reliable feasibility work which is relied on in the decision to purchase. You will also be responsible for maintaining and developing the groups “standard house” portfolio reporting to the Group Managing Director. The role is a mixture of both in-house work and choosing the right external consultants to undertake additional work.
What we’re looking for: Ideally, you are a RIBA qualified architect with overwhelming experience of working with a residential product. You may be working for a residential developer or in practice. You have high design standards and a passion for working closely with other disciplines to produce a scheme that is the best it can be. You are calm, accurate and professional and have a strong team ethic.
About the Offer: Basic Salary c£55,000 + Car + Package.
Contact: Mark Heald - Director on 0161 234 0375 or email
07/05/2013 :: Senior Architect
IO DESIGN is an established international design firm, focused on architecture, planning and urban design. It is our mission to become the foremost design presence in Asia, driven by award winning architecture with a commitment to sustainable design.
We are currently looking to hire a highly motivated and talented Senior Architect with exceptional design flair and technical delivery experience to join our team based in Shanghai.
Candidates must have:
- Degree in Architecture.
- Minimum 8 years post qualification design experience, ideally gained with top end international design firms.
- Membership of a professional association.
- Outstanding design skills and experience in all phases of the design process.
- Built Project Experience where delivery of concept has been achieved.
- Ability to understand and contribute to the design process through appropriate technical knowledge.
- Ability to apply a technical rigor to the production and coordination of drawing packages.
- Open-minded, charismatic, friendly, team player, with strong ability to lead teams and communicate effectively with clients, consultants and colleagues.
- Sound knowledge of 3D delivery tools is beneficial.
- Ability to communicate in both English and Chinese is essential (written and spoken).
- International experience is an advantage.
To apply, please send a copy of your cv and portfolio along with a cover letter stating your availability and salary expectations to email
07/05/2013 :: Architect / Designer
DLA+ Architecture & Interior Design is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. We offer full service architecture, interior design, program management, planning and consulting services. We serve the Sports and Recreation, Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality, Education, Corporate/Commercial and Residential markets.
This is a mid-level architectural position. The successful candidate may be a recently licensed, or non-registered professional. He/she will be responsible for general project tasks, and assisting senior project personnel.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 3-6 years of demonstrated professional experience.
- Minimum B Arch degree.
- Knowledge of LEED or LEED AP credentials are preferred.
- Knowledge of Masterspec.
- Licensure or progress toward professional registration.
- Proficiency with current versions of BIM – REVIT and AutoCAD with emphasis on project setup and delivery.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe CS.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as SketchUp; 3Ds Max, Rhino. Maya is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to successfully meet project goals.
- Possess the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Have a working understanding of building construction methods and processes.
- Have a working understanding of building codes and accessibility codes.
- Have a working understanding of engineering disciplines.
Send resume to Kathie Dirling