08/04/2013 :: Junior Architect
Luca Andrisani Architects is an award winning architectural design office. We are a small growing office composed of only two people which would give you an excellent opportunity to learn all the phases of the design directly from the Principal. The position is a part-time which might develop in a full-time and it's available immediately.
- Working closely with the Principal and communicate with clients and consultants.
- Be an integral member of the design team from the schematic design phase through the construction document phase.
- Interpreting sketches and producing drawings in CAD.
- Building models in CAD or other 3D software.
- 2D image compositing.
- Maintain high quality standards and meet tight deadlines.
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or March degree.
- 1-2 yrs experience in a design firm environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly self motivated.
- Have excellent graphic/presentation and rendering skills.
- Knowledge of CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch-up.
- Immediate availability.
- Applicants should currently be living in the NY area and must have legal US work status.
For immediate, confidential consideration, please send your resume and whatever showcases your presentation skills to email
08/04/2013 :: Intermediate Architectural Designer
COE Architecture International, an award-winning design firm specializing in large mixed-use and high density urban-infill multi-family projects, is seeking highly motivated personnel for the following key position:
- A minimum of 3-5 years working experience from Master Planning through Construction Documents.
- The ability to conceptualize and develop designs on your own and with others through digital and physical models.
- Some experience with Type V and Type III multi-family residential preferred, but not essential.
- Must be extremely proficient with Google Sketch-up and Adobe Design Suite CS5, knowledge of 3D Studio Max and Rhino also helpful.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- In order to be considered for employment all applicants must hold a bachelor degree or higher in architecture and must show proof of US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
Please submit resume, sample of work and salary requirements only by email
. No telephone calls permitted. Candidates chosen for an interview must bring recent design and production samples as applicable to position.
08/04/2013 :: Senior Architect
A rare opportunity for a talented architect with excellent future prospects.
Gotelee Orchard-Lisle is a small, busy practice, with a good client base and a very healthy workload. We are based in Newbury, West Berkshire, strong in private education and houses for individual clients. We design quality architecture in modern environments as well as work to Listed Buildings and in Conservation Areas.
Essential requirements are that the applicant should be good at getting on with people, a good all-rounder with strong AutoCAD and technical skills, and with experience in project management and client liaison.
Salary according to experience.
Applications with a CV, including examples of work, should be sent by post or email to email@example.com.
Gotelee Orchard-Lisle Chartered Architects, www.go-l.co.uk
08/04/2013 :: Intermediate Architectural Designer
WCA is an award-winning / published architecture and interior design firm in downtown Manhattan, seeking a mid-level architectural designer. Majority of our work is executing high end residential design (from ground up construction to loft renovations to townhouses), in addition we have commercial clients and have a furniture / accessory line.
The designer will act as team member under the direction of the Project Manager or Senior Designer and will collaborate with principle, with fluctuating oversight. He or she is a team member in the design of a project from its origin and delivery of the design from conceptualization, through development, coordination, documentation and execution in the field.
The Intermediate Designers core responsibilities are:
- As part of the team, prepare designs to meet the clients program, quality objectives, project constraints, and execution of the firms design vocabulary and philosophy, with limited supervision required.
- Provide material research, programing diagrams, design presentations including mood boards, quick 3D hand sketching as required.
- Assist on the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent, client goals and senior directives.
- Reviewing documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent.
- Assist junior designers.
- Represent WCA and the design in consultant coordination meetings.
- Participate in design coordination within WCA, i.e. between architecture, decorators and graphics, and between Owners consultants and WCA.
- Coordination with vendors and manufacturers.
- Part of the team creating and delivering presentations based on the WCA’s standards for presentations and contract documents.
- Provide the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings, specifications, sample boards, reports as required for each unique project.
- Review own work for corrections, improvement and overall interest.
- Responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met.
- Reviewing submittals, shop drawings, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with design intent.
- Attending and reporting on field visits.
- Conducting punch lists reviews.
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
- BA/BS required. A minimum of three (3) years' experience at an architecture or interior design firm, preferably in NYC high end residential / commercial exposure.
- Strong skills in creating a BID set and CD set with clear understanding of detailing.
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD; Fluency in Sketch up and 3D Max is a desirable.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, proactive and multi-tasking environment.
- An important aspect of this position is having a discerning eye for design. Interest in and experience in high end modern residential.
- A range of conceptual and technical design skill sets yet with a strong tendency towards design and conceptualization.
If you meet the above requirements, please send to email
your resume, 3 email references, portfolio samples as PDF attachments (maximum 5MB) and your salary request. Applications without these attachments will not be considered.
08/04/2013 :: Staff Architect
The University of St. Thomas (www.stthom.edu), a private university committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking an experienced Staff Architect. The Staff Architect, under the direction of the AVP for Facilities, is responsible for the preparation and review of architectural designs for University of St. Thomas expansion, alterations, and renovation programs. The position is responsible for organizing all necessary architectural services necessary for construction. Oversees the work of selected contractors to ensure the work is being done according to contract, budget, and design specifications.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare architectural plans, sections, elevations, details, presentation materials and other drafting tasks for campus projects of limited size to include:
1. Prepare preliminary sketches of projects to present to University administration.
2. Develop schematic studies for all facilities and renovation projects.
3. Prepare and coordinate the development of detailed working drawings and specifications.
- Review and critique proposals made by consultant architects for the University’s growth and expansion projects.
- Examine projects under construction and ensure the maintenance of sound architectural standards.
- Assist with the bid process which includes ensuring that the project is thoroughly explained to contractors and assist with the bid review process.
- Develop cost estimates and construction material recommendations working in partnership with external contractors.
- Monitor and examine expenditures of funds of established project budgets.
- Review general contractor qualifications.
Experience requirements and competencies:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience under the direct supervision of a licensed Architect required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with AutoCAD expertise required.
- Must thoroughly working knowledge of City of Houston building Codes.
- LEED experience desirable.
- Must demonstrate a high level of knowledge of architecture and architectural principles and techniques.
- Must demonstrate the thorough knowledge of the different types of building materials and construction methods.
- Must demonstrate the thorough knowledge of structural, mechanical and electrical engineering related to business costs.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment while collaborating with technical professional staff.
- Must have work experience where project management was an important component.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field required
Registration as an Architect in the State of Texas required.
LEED certified desirable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have miscellaneous job duties assigned on an as needed basis. Management, at the appropriate level, retains the right to assign and change the duties of any position at any time.
This is a full-time, benefit-eligible position.
Please send letter of interest, and resume to:
Human Resources – Ref: 0913
University of St. Thomas
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006