03/04/2013 :: Intermediate Architect
Prestigious architecture and interior design firm specializing in high-end residential and hospitality projects is seeking an intermediate-level architect. Applicants should have interest in a full range of project responsibilities.
Applicants must hold a 5 year professional degree or Masterís degree in Architecture and have 4 or more years of professional experience. Knowledge of AutoCAD 2012, Photoshop, Illustrator and 3D modeling capabilities are required.
Please send a cover letter, resume and 1 - 2 work samples to email
No phone calls please.
03/04/2013 :: Project / Interior Design Architect
Award-winning and widely published architecture, landscape architecture and interior design firm has an opening for an experienced, licensed architect with expertise in commercial core and shell, commercial interiors, and tenant improvements with strong design skills.
Responsibilities will include: drafting construction documents and residential construction documents and construction observation; project management and administration experience; direct interaction with principals, project team members, consultants and contractors; and written communication and documentation of projects. Office is Macintosh-based using VectorWorks and related design software.
- Master of Architecture or 5-yr. bachelorís degree in architecture with license.
- Minimum 5 years experience in architecture.
- Familiar with all aspects of running and developing a project.
- Extensive experience with construction documents and construction administration.
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Vectorworks.
- Bonus points for Revit, Rhino, and SketchUp.
- Ability to work independently, but know when to ask questions.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proficient writing and communication skills are vital.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Highly-developed intra-personal skills.
- Diplomatic but willing to take initiative.
Salary for this immediate full-time position will be based on experience and abilities. Benefits include retirement plan, health reimbursement plan and generous earned vacation and sick time
Please send an email with a single pdf. attachment containing a cover letter, resume and portfolio that clearly addresses your experience with the criteria listed above, to email
. In your cover letter please tell us why you are specifically interested in this position, in working for Tichenor & Thorp, Architects, Inc., and what you feel you can contribute to our Firm.
03/04/2013 :: Interior Designer
This challenging and fast paced position will require a personable candidate with experience in designing interiors of educational, healthcare or large scale corporate facilities, drawing, sketching and preparation of design presentation drawings. The candidate must have the ability to create design concepts and continue the development through all design phases. The candidate should work well in a design team environment and with senior management. The candidate should have extremely strong inter-personal skills, strong graphics skills, be an effective presenter of ideas and concepts, possess knowledge of interior finishes and trends and be completely dedicated to client service.
Aggressive, client oriented personalities with an aptitude for progressive design will succeed in this position.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience.
- Must have at least a Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design (must be FIDER accredited).
- Must be LEED accredited to be considered.
- Educational and Healthcare experience preferred.
- Proficient in Autocad, Photoshop, Sketchup and REVIT/BIM.
- Strong devotion to customer service.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations and vendors.
- Must be quality minded and self-motivated.
03/04/2013 :: Senior Graphic Designer
Our client is an owner/operator of a 5 star hospitality & entertainment property in Macau. They have an immediate career opportunity for a senior Graphic Designer with 10 years strong experience with signage in hospitality projects.
Candidate will manage outside signage consultants and design small projects.
Relocation assistance is available and salary is $120K-$144K.
Design Search Associates, www.designsearchassociates.com
03/04/2013 :: Architectural Designer
Futurepolis L.L.C. is an award-winning international design firm based in Suzhou, China and Charlotte, U.S.A. Futurepolis provides architectural design, landscape design, and urban planning consulting services, and has established a reputation of design excellence with numerous high-profiled projects in China. We are specialized in civil and institutional building, high-end hotel, office complex, ecological landscape, master plan and urban design. Our qualifications include Chinaís National Master Architect (named by the Ministry of Construction), Chinese and the U.S. licensed architects, US Licensed landscape architect, and LEED certified professionals. Our projects have won prestigious awards from China Ministry of Construction, American Institute of Architects (AIA), American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), and China Institute of Architects. The collaboration of professionals with different expertise allows us to offer innovative design solutions in architecture, landscape design, and urban planning and design. We welcome experienced designers, recent graduates, or interns in all three disciplines.
Requirements for applicants:
- Professional degree in architecture, landscape architecture, or Urban Planning.
- Passion in architecture and design.
- Curiosity and openness to cultures.
- Talent in concept and schematic design.
- Fluency in English OR Mandarin.
- Excellent skills in 3-D modeling programs like Rhino or Sketchup and graphic programs like CAD and Photoshop.
Compensation commensurate with experience and skill. Please submit your application with your resume and portfolio in a single PDF file (not to exceed 15M) to email
. Indicate the job title on subject line. Application to short-term internship is also welcomed.