28/03/2013 :: Project Architect
We are a creative boutique architectural firm located in the Flatiron District, specializing in high end residential architecture in the New York Metropolitan area. We perform full interior renovations to new construction. We love the art of design as well as the art of building, striving for the best quality in what we make and do.
We are looking for a project architect to join us on several exciting projects. A minimum of five years of relevant experience is required. Construction documentation, construction administration, and 3D skills are required. Millwork detailing is a plus.
Requirements: Autocad, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite. AutoCAD 3D, Sketchup, and/or Rhino.
Please send a single pdf comprised of your cv/resume and 5 of your best work samples to email
28/03/2013 :: Mid-level Interior Designer
Murphy Burnham & Buttrick is an architecture, planning and interior design firm based in New York City. The firm offers clients a wealth of experience in educational, cultural, commercial and residential architecture. The firm is structured to provide clients with the technical expertise, depth of service and production capabilities of a large firm, combined with a small firm’s personal approach and emphasis on custom design. We consistently seek to employ innovative, sustainable solutions that enrich the human experience and minimize each project’s environmental impact. We bring a commitment to exceptional design with a distinct, modern perspective.
Responsibilities include assisting architects with all phases of a project, generating furniture and finish plans, researching materials and resources for the interiors library and specifying and selecting FF & E.
- A professional degree in Interior Design.
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, finishes and furniture.
- Minimum 5 years experience in residential, commercial and institutional design.
- Ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere and meet deadlines.
- Must have creative design and drawing skills – including material, color and furniture selection, design presentation skills, conceptual design abilities and 3D design ability.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Excellent organization, communication and research skills.
- Experience with 3D Modeling and Photoshop a plus.
We offer a competitive salary, 401K, great benefits and a convenient location. Email
resumes with cover letter and salary requirements.
28/03/2013 :: Project Architect
Pleydell Smithyman Limited is a Design and Business Consultancy, based within the beautiful Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage site in Shropshire. We are currently seeking a Project Architect/Consultant with excellent design skills, strategic thinking and a strong commercial awareness.
The successful candidate will join our growing team in delivering projects from inception to completion, as well as supporting our clients in developing their businesses, with particular emphasis on the Garden Centre sector. Candidates should be fully RIBA qualified with post Year 3 experience in architectural planning and design.
Relevant experience within a similar role and working within the Garden Centre sector would be particularly advantageous, as would experience within a consultancy environment. For further details and/or a copy of the company profile and full job description, please visit our website
(under the "Story" heading).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email
Teresa Rowe including your CV, examples from your portfolio and a covering email detailing your experience and suitability for this role.
Previous job applicants for this role need not apply.
Closing date: Monday 19 April 2013.
28/03/2013 :: Hotel Interior Designer
This world-renowned multi-award winning design practice is experiencing continued success throughout a number of sectors and regions working on major high profile large-scale schemes.
They are urgently seeking an individual, preferably a senior Interior Designer with extensive experience in hotel design who is experienced in leading Interior Packages through all project phases. Good 2D AutoCAD software skills are required, flexibility to relocate to China in later project stages requested. You will be working on a major commercial scheme in the Far East joining an established team so you must have the ability to integrate well into a tight-knit project team.
This is an urgent vacancy within a worldwide design firm so previous international project exposure would be advantageous. Chinese speaking candidates would be a benefit.
Please send work examples with CV to Deborah D’Silva at email
for more information.
28/03/2013 :: Architectural Graphic Visualizer
Jaeger and Partner is an international architecture design studio based in Shenzhen, China, with an associated office in Torino, Italy. Our integrated practice is a highly collaborative platform, focused on architecture, urbanism and design. Promoting a global perspective towards design, we emphasize a dynamic studio process to engender innovative and relevant architecture and urbanism.
We are searching for an Architectural Graphic Visualizer with outstanding graphic design abilities. Candidates should possess understanding in basic architectural design process and theory. Job entitles working alongside Architects to create architectural concept imagery, process diagrams, and photo realistic renderings. Strong color sense and composition sense with prior work experience on computer generated images in necessary.
Applicants must have the ability to thrive in a fast paced and rigorous studio atmosphere associated with deadline pressures.
- Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design or related design fields.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of architectural or interior visualizing professional work experience.
- Excellent graphic, verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess creative and organizational skills to prepare high quality design presentations.
- Experience in all phases of document production, with an aesthetic approach to detail.
- Capable of working within a collaborative and supportive team environment.
- English proficiency, additional languages like Chinese or German are an asset.
- Advance 3D modeling skills (ideally Rhinoceros or 3D Studio Max), with a good eye for composition, materials and colors.
- Excellent 3D rendering skills, ideally Maxwell or Vray.
- Excellent Adobe CS skills.
- Good AutoCAD skills.
- Evidence in the portfolio of technical abilities and attention to details.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, CV and work portfolio in PDF format (less than 10M) to email
. Please use “Architectural Graphic Visualizer” as e-mail subject.