20/02/2013 :: Project Architect
DIGroupArchitecture, an award-winning architecture firm, is seeking a talented, motivated licensed Architect with 7+ years of professional experience to join our New Jersey office. The desired candidate must be committed to design excellence, sustainability and client satisfaction. Working in a highly creative and collaborative environment, the candidate will efficiently define and solve problems, work closely with fellow team members, and demonstrate initiative and the ability to contribute to a dynamic team process for a range of client and project types.
Attributes and skills:
- 5-Year Architectural Degree - licensed in the state of NJ, LEED accredited professional preferred.
- Experience in all project phases.
- Experience in organizing and assembling construction documents, developing complex details and writing technical specifications.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with consultants, clients, and contractors; experience coordinating work of consulting engineers.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Experience using 3D modeling software.
- Must be highly organized.
- Legal working status in the United States.
Salary: Based on Experience
Instructions: No telephone calls please. Email resume and portfolio. Portfolio not to exceed 3 pages and 3 MB in size. Online portfolios will not be reviewed.
Contact: Richard Alderiso, AIA, NCARB, Principal.
20/02/2013 :: Architectural Designer
Dixon Advisory USA is the manager of a Residential Property Investment Fund in the New York Metropolitan Area (“US Masters Residential Property Fund). We have invested $165m in individual homes in the Hudson County area. We have committed funding to invest a further $300m in the New York Metropolitan area, with the new focus of expanding our portfolio to include residential property in Brooklyn and Manhattan, New York. We are currently seeking an Architectural Designer specializing in brownstone rehabilitation in New York City (preferably Manhattan and Brooklyn) to join our growing team.
- We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Architectural Designer with extensive experience in historic brownstone rehabilitation in New York City. In this dynamic position, reporting to the CEO of Construction, you will be working directly for one of the most skilled and experienced residential property investment teams in the New York Metropolitan area.
- Previously we have outsourced the design function to an external Architectural Firm, due to rapid expansion, the volume of properties requiring repair and reconfiguration in our portfolio and our furthered focus on the successful rehabilitation of the Fund’s properties we are seeking to recruit a talented Architectural Team to manage the design process in-house.
- In this new and exciting role your primary focus will be the rehabilitation of brownstone properties owned and purchased by the Fund in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Inspection of properties requiring significant repair and reconfiguration to determine required scope of work.
- Full responsibility for design conceptualization on large scale projects.
- Production of high quality construction drawings and specifications for large scale brownstone residential remodeling projects, including electrical, plumbing, lighting and floor plan layouts.
- Working with the CEO of Construction to determine construction budgets on large scale projects.
- Liaising with the City regarding permits.
- Bachelor degree in architecture or related degree.
- Demonstrated work experience with Interior Design and/or Architectural Firm.
- Extensive experience and passion for brownstone rehabilitation in NYC.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience.
- Project management and strategic planning experience.
- Knowledge of NYC building codes is essential.
- Knowledge of NJ building codes desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of procedures for construction documents.
- Thorough understanding of building materials and construction methods.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent computer and technology skills, including proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Enthusiastic to work hard in a growing company.
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable achieving maximum results with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Clean driving record.
Please send expressions of interest to email.
20/02/2013 :: Classicl Project Architect
A new vacancy has arisen for a Project Architect to join Craig Hamilton Architects in their Radnorshire Office.
Successful applicants should provide evidence of the following:
- In-depth knowledge and experience working on new and old classical and traditional buildings.
- Direct experience of producing working drawings for traditionally constructed buildings (i.e. brick, stone, timber, lead etc).
- Direct experience and ability to manage projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to have their own car and should be able and willing to travel to project sites throughout the United Kingdom.
Candidates should apply in writing by the 15th March 2013, including their CV and examples of work, to either the email or postal address given below:
Craig Hamilton Architects
Coed Mawr Farm
20/02/2013 :: All-Around Design Architect
Our office in Shanghai is currently looking for All-Around Design Architects. The atmosphere within the office is open, international, multidisciplinary and ambitious, but also friendly with attention to personal development and career planning.
- 2-5 years of experience as an All-Around Design Architect.
- Fluent English communication skills (reading and writing).
- Fluent Mandarin communication skills (reading and writing) an advantage.
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities and design skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a continuing desire to learn.
- Good team player; able to work in a team and independently.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD, Rhinoceros (Grasshopper and RhinoScript a plus), Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Good rendering skills (Vray, Cinema4D, or Mental Ray, etc).
Working conditions are according to Chinese legislation. Applications consisting of a short motivation letter, C.V. and portfolio can be sent digitally (PDF, max.10mb) to Feely Pan at email.
20/02/2013 :: Healthcare Architect
Levi + Wong Design Associates Inc. is an established and expanding 35 person Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Planning design firm with diverse Health Care, Senior Care/Housing, Corporate, and High-Tech client base.
- Experience in Health Care (Acute, Ambulatory and Outpatient).
- ArchiCAD and/or Revit proficient - BIM and Virtual Building development.
- Sketch Up, graphic and 3D VD/BIM related programs.
- 10+ years minimum years experience.
- Bachelor of Architecture (Minimum).
- Licensed Architect.
- Leadership interpersonal skills and independent thinking.
- Good design skills.
- Experience in building technology.
- LEED and Sustainability knowledge.
- MAC/PC experience.
- Education and extensive experience in healthcare - required.