19/02/2013 :: Junior Architect
Midtown Manhattan architecture/interior design firm is seeking a junior architect for exciting library, academic and health care projects for prestigious clients in the tri-state area. Ideal candidate should have a professional degree in architecture with 3+ years experience and possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Construction document experience in interior architecture.
- Ability to work on multiple projects from design through construction.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Space planning skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and file management.
- Knowledge of NYC Building Code.
No relocations. Must currently be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary request to email.
19/02/2013 :: Intermediate Architectural Designer
Nelligan White Architects is seeking to hire intermediate designers with professional degree and a minimum 3 -5 years experience. An interest in challenging public-sector work is highly desirable. This is an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of our work in all phases of projects.
Ideal applicants will demonstrate the following attributes:
- A high level of motivation.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication.
- Previous work experience with all phases of design and construction administration.
- Be a conceptual thinker with strong technical skills (design and drawing).
- The ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Revit a plus.
Nelligan White is a small firm with a diverse roster of clients, working with a wide range of consultants. Our talented staff is dedicated to producing high-caliber work in both the public and private sectors. Organized as a collaborative environment, all members of the team participate in design, technical work, and construction administration. In their practice, Nelligan White is based on the shared belief that good architecture should enhance the quality of life for the individuals and communities involved. Integral to this belief is the architect’s responsibility to incorporate environmentally sustainable solutions into every aspect of the design process.
Please put Intermediate Architectural Designer in the subject line and please reference AI-01 at top of your cover letter.
Interested candidates must email in order: cover letter, resume, salary requirement, references and portfolio (link ok) in a single PDF with the applicant’s name and date as title (eg. 2013.01.04_JaneDoe.pdf) to:
19/02/2013 :: Senior Architect
Purcell is an award-winning partnership of architects, designers and historic building consultants with a commitment to quality. We work on some of the finest buildings in the UK and beyond. From meticulous conservation schemes to bold contemporary design, we create thoughtful architecture that enhances its context.
This is an ideal opportunity for a talented architect to become an integral part of our creative and friendly team in our London studio.
- Have outstanding design skills.
- Demonstrate excellent job running skills.
- Have experience working on high-end residential projects with a proven delivery record.
- Demonstrate a breadth of post qualification experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with teams in order to gain improvements and develop relationships.
- Have AutoCAD experience and skills.
It would also be an advantage if candidates:
- Have conservation knowledge and experience of working with historic sites/buildings.
19/02/2013 :: Landscape Architect
- Convey landscape design ideas clearly - Using MS Excel, MS Word, Hand Drawings, Adobe Illustrator/InDesign, Photoshop, AutoCad and at least some experience with 3D software.
- Plant selection - Based on Beijing climate, health/cultural requirements, seasonal effects, mature size, identification and sources.
- Generate/Review Site Drawings - Ability to create landscape details, standards and cross-check all disciplines for conflicts.
- Site Analysis - Ability to compile data and analyze soil types, Geographic location effects, site circulation and drainage patterns.
- Irrigation planning - At least rudimentary understanding of irrigation design, planning and maintenance.
- Water feature planning - At least rudimentary understanding of water pools, recirculation systems and fountains.
- Landscape Lighting planning - At least rudimentary understanding of lighting the landscape, requirements and fixture types.
- Environmental impact analysis - Understanding of LEED landscape requirements and alternative environmentally-sensitive options and methods.
- Construction Supervision - Inspection of construction quality and compliance with approved designs and standards.
- Maintenance programming - Generate a maintenance program based on final landscape design.
- Ability to communicate in spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Eagerness to learn new things.
- Consultation skills in a team atmosphere.
- Proficiency in CAD (an understanding of 3D software - Rhino, SketchUp, etc. - is beneficial).
- Understanding of Beijing Landscape Standards.
Interested candidates please send your CV and portfolio to email.
19/02/2013 :: Senior Architect
NELSON is currently seeking a Sr. Architect in Reston, VA. The Sr. Architect will lead the project team in all aspects of preparing complete and comprehensive architectural construction drawings and specifications, and coordinating the documents with project consultants and contractors.
- Attend meetings with clients, consultants and contractors as required by scope of project.
- Participate in the design phase activities by providing quality control in detail development.
- Oversee preparation of all construction drawings and specifications.
- Participate in all construction phase activities as needed.
- Function, in conjunction with the Project Manager, as a primary point of client contact throughout the programming and design phase of a project.
- Share responsibilities with the Project Manager for consultant coordination during the programming and design phases, and the coordination of documents.
- Adhere to established project goals and objectives including but not limited to schedule and budget parameters.
- Review applicable building and accessibility codes and develop a list of criteria to be reflected in the design development.
- Review both NELSON and consultant documents, conferring with the Project Manager as needed, to ensure consistency with both NELSON project and quality standards, accomplish the design intent, and code compliance.
- Participate with the Project Manager in consultation with the client to establish project goals and objectives including but not limited to schedule and budget parameters.
- Develop appropriate procedures for gathering, coordinating, and synthesizing the project requirements through interviews and discussions with the client on functional, operational and business needs.
- Interpret the program data and prepare the final report and recommendations.
- Establish the conceptual design direction as a response to the program requirements and client’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee the selection of architectural products and systems.
- Participate in all design presentations to the client in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Oversee all shop drawings/submittal reviews and consult with the Project Manager and Project Designer as appropriate, to ensure that the design intent is being maintained.
- Oversee responses to bulletins, change order documentation, and contractor’s request for information.
- Participate in job site meetings and construction observation activities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Masters degree preferred.
- Virginia Architectural License required.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the field of Architecture.
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD software.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by emailing your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email. Please list the job title and location in the subject line. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.