12/02/2013 :: Interior / Architectural Designer
1100 Architect, an internationally recognized, published and award-winning New York architecture firm, is seeking a talented, motivated Interior Designer with 3-5 years of professional experience. Ideal candidates have the following qualifications:
- A four year degree in architecture or interior design from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years of proven experience in interior design projects; high-end residential a plus.
- Ability to develop creative design concepts and translate into working documents.
- Experience with vendors, suppliers; procuring furnishings, materials, equipment.
- Solid working knowledge of AutoCAD 2012 or earlier version is essential.
- Experience with Photoshop, Sketch-up and 3D Max preferred.
- Experience with and ability to write FF&E specifications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with client and consultants.
- Strong problem solving capabilities, prioritization, organization, and follow through.
- Must be a team player that can handle multiple tasks.
To apply, please submit:
- A cover letter stating relevant experience and skills.
- A resume or CV that clearly documents the required qualifications.
- Five work samples, in PDF format, with descriptions of applicantís role and job duties for each project (submission should be under 5MB total).
Please reference "ID13" in the subject line and send your submission to email.
12/02/2013 :: Architect
Our client is an established award winning Manhattan firm with a broad residential, commercial and institutional portfolio. They are seeking a dynamic, self driven architect as a job/captain or project manager for publicly funded projects in the region. Project type includes exterior and interior renovation of existing public housing, educational and recreational facilities.
Candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with similar projects.
- Degree from an accredited Bachelors or Masters program in Architecture, licensed or on track to be licensed.
- Revit a must, having done several projects, professionally. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Rhino or 3D Max, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working for New York Public City and State public agencies. Familiarity with protocols and application requirements is desirable.
- Knowledge of regional codes, building technologies and sustainable strategies.
- Experience co-managing several projects simultaneously in different phases of development.
- Knowledge of the design process and resources, construction documentation and specifications.
- Must be problem solver, self-starter, motivated, take initiative, with strong work ethic, able to work independently and in a collaborative team setting, well organized, detail-oriented, client savvy and capable of acting as a liaison between clients, project managers and contractors.
- Must be a NY resident and a fluent English speaker and writer. Valid US social security card, green card or work visa required. Please be prepared to provide documentation.
To apply, please provide cover letter and salary requirements, and submit your resume and work samples or portfolio in PDF format (not only your website).
12/02/2013 :: Architectural Junior Designer
This position is currently available in our San Francisco office. We are looking for self-motivated, ambitious and talented individuals to join Hart Howerton in designing and building residential and mixed-use development projects at multiple scales in the US and abroad.
The Junior Designer will work as part of a multidisciplinary team on architectural projects and perform a variety of tasks, such as providing CAD support and assistance in completing and preparing construction drawings, design studies and sketches. Strong and versatile design skills, excellent presentation, communication skill (verbal and written) and strong sketching and/or model building skills are a plus. This position provides the opportunity for growth and advancement.
Please respond by email. In the subject line of your email, please have it read, "AIA, Architectural Junior Designer, SF".
Due to the high volume of resumes received, we will only be able to resond to those candidates we are interested in interviewing.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills for working within an overall design team environment. CAD experience, strong hand graphics/graphic design skills, clear writing, and physical model building skills are necessary. Proficiency in computer programs including Adobe CS, Sketch-Up, and Microsoft Office will be highly valued. Familiarity with Revit is a plus.
12/02/2013 :: Landscape Architect
I am currently looking for a Landscape Architect to join a busy group of talented, creative and dynamic landscape architects, landscape designers and garden designers who are passionate about the environment and exemplary design. You will have experience of working with Keyscape, and a good knowledge of planting plans.
If interested please apply within, or call me on 0207 653 1070.
For more information, contact me William Wiseman quoting: Job Ref 607674.
12/02/2013 :: Design Architect
BDA Architecture, an award winning design firm specializing in animal welfare facilities is seeking an accomplished Design Architect.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8 years architectural experience with a minimum 3 years as lead PM on mid-sized commercial or health care projects managing all phases of complex architectural design from project set-up through design, CDís and into construction administration.
- Have attained a professional degree in architecture.
- Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain existing client relationships as well as build new ones.
- Have demonstrated design capabilities and be able to expertly express concepts using both computer and hand drawing techniques.
- Be AutoCAD and Revit proficient.
- Have advanced knowledge of design process, construction documentation, construction administration and materials.
- Understand and able to develop a project work plan, project financial management and contract administration, including coordination, budgeting, scheduling and consultant contract negotiations.
- Be an advanced user of MS Office software suite.
possess the ability to direct, mentor and coordinate work efforts of project team.
- Have a collaborative and professional work ethic
possess strong interpersonal skills, verbal, listening and written including client presentation skills.
- Be a current US resident, have work authorization documentation.
- Ppossess a current US driverís license, valid passport and pass background check requirements. Frequent national and occasional international travel is required.
BDA Architecture, PC, www.bdaarc.com