31/01/2013 :: Architect
Butler Rogers Baskett Architects, also doing business as BRB Architects, is a full-service architectural firm, offering a complete range of professional expertise across the disciplines of planning, architectural design, and interior design. Founded in 1979, our practice has developed a portfolio of diverse project types: educational, recreational, residential and religious facilities, as well as corporate and professional office interiors.
BRB is looking for an architect with 3-7 years experience to work on exciting educational and cultural projects. The position is temporary through May, with a possibility of becoming permanent if work load allows. Candidates must hold a professional degree in architecture, have a working knowledge of Revit, and must have US citizenship or a work visa. Strong design and communication skills are a must.
Send resumes and work samples to email.
31/01/2013 :: Urban Designer
FXFOWLE is an established architectural, interior design, planning, and urban design firm. Noted for its commitment to sustainable design the firm has been recognized through local, national, and international design excellence awards and feature articles in the most prestigious design publications. The practice encompasses corporate, civic, cultural, educational, transportation, residential, hospitality, office, retail, and mixed-use projects on a variety of scales, from single story to high-rise.
We are currently accepting resumes for a full-time talented Urban Designer for our NYC office.
The Urban Designer will perform the following job duties:
- Research and analyze urban context including transportation system, zoning, land use, population density, history, geography, and natural resources.
- Work on programming research, zoning research, massing, orientation studies & design studies.
- Prepare schematic drawing/design of architecture and urban design and landscape features of large-scale development project.
- Utilize knowledge of building practices, design standards, landscape practices, and mathematics to complete design/drawing.
- Prepare presentation drawings representing design intent for client presentations and urban context vision.
- Documentation of urban design strategy and approach to implement site build-out and phasing.
- Prepare urban design document to envision housing, office, and retail mixed-use on future development.
- Work with marketing department & principals to develop company website geared towards emphasizing the "Green Neighborhood" aspect.
- Develop concept sheets, green diagrams, 3d renderings & web pages to convey ideas and concepts.
- Knowledge of land use & zoning and master planning principles.
- Ideally with knowledge of New York City & Washington, DC Zoning.
- Experience in master planning of mixed use developments, urban re/development & revitalization, new town planning and Transit Oriented Development preferred.
- Strong graphic, written and verbal communication skills, must have ability to multitask.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and 3D modeling.
- Professional Degree Required; advanced degree preferred with ideal candidate possessing joint-degrees in architecture and planning or urban design.
- 5-8 years experience in urban design, architecture or landscape architecture.
- Able to prioritize & multi-task.
- Must be proactive, detail-oriented and a self-starter,
Must be hardworking and a team player.
- Must be professional at all times.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD.
Please send your cover letter, resume and work samples to email. Make sure to put Urban Designer in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
31/01/2013 :: Project Architect
We are looking for an able and enthusiastic Project Architect to work on high quality modern residential and education jobs.
Ideally you would be at least two years post Part II, pro-active and self-motivated, and with UK experience. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
We are a team of six and our current projects include new houses and significant alterations to houses and apartments, designs for a venerable London art school, and a fit-out for a new international school. Our clients are sophisticated and value the work of their architects. We use Vectorworks and can offer an immediate start.
Visit our website and apply with CV and an example of work to email
Alan Higgs Architects
77 Ashmill Street
Please do not telephone and please no agencies. We can only reply to applicants whom we may interview.
31/01/2013 :: Architect
Manhattan-based architecture and interior design firm seeks an architect with 3-5 years relevant high-end private residential design and project management experience.
Experience in producing CDs independently with working knowledge of NYC building department procedures and proficiency in AutoCAD required. Candidates must have strong communication skills, and be able to work collaboratively. Experience in interiors is a plus. Please send cover letter, resume, professional references, and samples of work, if available, to email.
31/01/2013 :: Senior Architects
Tesla Walls focuses on curtain wall design, manufacture (in Guangzhou, China), and installation in the USA for some of the USA’s most preeminent high-rise tower projects. We have curtain wall projects in Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York and we were recently awarded the building façade contract for the prestigious New York City project known as Hudson Yards.
- Ensure high-accuracy checks on curtain wall shop drawings submittals vs. architectural and project structural drawings.
- Communicate (in English) to the staff the intent of the USA project documents/drawings and red line feedback from the architects.
- Ensure project submissions meet the strict criteria so submittals will be "approved" by the USA architects instead of returned as "revise and resubmit".
- Help develop drawing standards and then guarantee those standards are followed via standardized processes and procedures.
- Identify and quantify changes to architectural drawings for change order/billing purposes.
- Ensure schedules and deadlines of projects are met.
- Ensure the final "For Field Use" CW drawings are accurate and the installer can clearly understand what parts are required for installation and how to install the facade system (e.g. Tower CW, Lobby, Canopy, etc…).
- Prepare proposals including building area take offs and specification reviews for bidding new projects.
- Suggest modifications to building curtain wall panel width modulations to e.g. standardize CW unit widths to make it easier for manufacturing.
- Communicate with the US based project representatives.
- At least 10 years relevant experience as an architect.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and PDF editing.
- Advanced knowledge of Western building regulations.
- Experience in facades and extensive experience in shop drawing review (from the USA, AU, Europe, and/or Hong Kong).
- Previous experience with international companies.
- Excellent project management, organizational, and communications skills.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- 3D software experience useful.
- Knowledge of Chinese Mandarin is a plus but not required.
Salary is negotiable. Housing is provided.
Our office is located in Panyu, Guangdong Province just south of Guangzhou City and near Hong Kong.
Please forward your full resume to Mr. Eugenio Palmerini or Mr. Daryl V. Titre, at email.
A first Skype interview will be held
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.