10/05/2013 :: Intermediate Architect
One of the most acclaimed architects in the modern world, Calatrava's work can be seen all over both Europe and America. Some of his most notable projects include the "Turning Torso" in Malmö, Sweden, Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències in Valencia, Spain, and the Milwaukee art museum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Currently Santiago Calatrava is developing what will be the largest residential building in the world - The Chicago Spire. Santiago Calatrava's design firm is based in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Degree in Architecture.
- Architect 6-10 years experience (not including internships and part-time work) for Programming and Schematic Design through Construction Administration and close out.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD is mandatory.
- Experience in Inventor, Rhino, 3DStudio or other 3D modeling programs.
- Knowledge and ability to produce building details.
- Knowledge of building codes and standards.
- Familiarity with Illustrator, Photoshop, MS-Office, InDesign and Outlook.
- Must reside in NYC area and can legally work in the US.
- Cover letter stating candidate's level, relevant skills, experience, expected salary and availability.
- Resume that meets the qualifications listed above.
- Work samples (under 3MB total).
Please send applications directly to email
10/05/2013 :: Architect / Senior Designer
Laguarda.Low Architects is seeking Senior Designers with 8 to 10 years experience. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic, collaborative studio environment on a variety of international and domestic projects. All candidates must have well-rounded experience in architecture, with particular focus on Mixed Use and large scale projects design, from programming to material selection and detailing.
Candidates for the Senior Design position must exhibit strong creativity with a skillful design vocabulary, as well as an ability to lead and contribute to an energetic fast-paced creative process in developing innovative design solutions. Specific qualifications involve:
- Accredited Professional degree in Architecture with at least 8-10 years professional experience.
- Registration preferable.
- Strong Design Skills.
- Experience working on complex projects with multiple variables in a variety of environments.
- Skilled at multitasking and working toward multiple deadlines.
- Competence in working with a fast-paced, collaborative design environment.
- Ability to lead team efforts.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D modeling, presentation and design software: Sketchup, Rhino, 3D studio Max, AutoCAD, and Photoshop are key.
- Strong graphic and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Client interaction skills.
- Self motivated.
- Expect some international traveling.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and examples of work that best illustrates the candidatesí design ability via e-mail
. Please send all items as attachments to the e-mail in PDF format. The total size of your e-mail should not exceed 3 MB. Please do not send disks or hard copies, and please no phone calls. Only fully qualified candidates should apply. Salary commensurable with experience and talent.
10/05/2013 :: Architectural Designer
PURE is a dynamic practice to explore progressive architectural and urban design in China. It was founded in Los Angeles, California in 2002. In 2007, PUREís China studio was established in Shanghai.
PURE has won numerous international
design competitions, including Beijing Eco Valley, Shanghai Cultural Park, Forest Creek Art Community, Star Bay Resort, Kunshan East Town Urban Design, Shenzhen Entrepreneurís Park and etc. PUREís work has been exhibited internationally, including the past three UCLA Selected Alumni Exhibitions, the 2007 Get It Louder Exhibition, the 2007 and 2011 Shenzhen and HongKong Architecture and Urbanism Biennale, and the 2008 Beijing Architecture Biennale. In 2009 and 2013，PURE is selected as one of the top 48 Chinese contemporary architectural design firms in the publication of Building China.
We are seeking talented designers with extremely strong 3D design skills in our Shanghai office. He or she will work on a varieties of projects across China while having the opportunities to experience the charming urban lives of Shanghai after the Expo in person.
Candidates should hold Master of Architecture degree, be fluent in English, possess high design sensibility, extremely strong in 3D computer skills with Maya or Rhino, and 2D graphics skills with Photoshop, illustrator and Indesign, excel in fast-paced environments and under pressure, able to grasp new techniques and knowledge very quickly, well developed organization and time management skills, capable of working in teams & independently with minimal supervision. working experiences preferred.
Qualified and interested applicants should send the CV, portfolio, availability and salary requirements for the above vacancies to email
. Attachment larger than 3MB should be in separate emails.
10/05/2013 :: Architect
Award winning architects based in Esher, Surrey are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic architect to join our small friendly team. We work on a mix of prestigious residential and commercial projects and specialise in heritage and conservation work.
Applicants should have at least 5 years experience detailing bespoke residential work. Ideally applicants should live within an hour of Esher (London Waterloo 30 minutes).
- Architectural detailing experience.
- Knowledge of current UK building regulations.
Please forward your CV with three recent examples of your CAD and hand drawings.
10/05/2013 :: Architectural Designer
Steelman Partners has an immediate opening for an Architectural Designer in our Las Vegas office.
- Creation and development of project design concepts for mid-size to large casino and hospitality projects.
- Develop preliminary design and coordinate with other team members through the subsequent design stages.
The successful candidate will have:
- A B.S. or B. A. in architecture.
- 7+ years relevant experience in the gaming and/or hospitality design field.
- Excellent graphic skills including the ability to space plan in client workshops.
- Superior hand sketching ability to produce preliminary planning and architectural concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with team members and clients in a friendly and professional manner.
- While not required, proficiency with SketchUp or similar modeling software is desirable.
- Dependent on experience.
Interested candidates forward resumes to email