18/01/2013 :: Intermediate Designer
amphibianArc, founded in 1992, represents a philosophy of design and architecture that is informed by the idea of evolution in the formation of human spirit and habitation. The rapidly growing office is seeking for an Intermediate Designer for commercial and high end residential projects in China.
Required education and work experience:
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- 3 - 5 years experience in all phases of design.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Strong skills in AutoCAD and Rhino, proficiency in Revit modeling skills is referred.
- Knowledge of building systems, international building code and related knowledge for plan check.
- Knowledge of materials and methods of construction.
- Knowledge of international project is a plus.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and adaptable to a fast paced environment.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, stating the applicant’s role in each project to email. Please reference "Intermediate Designer" in the subject line of your e-mail. Submission to be in PDF format, and limited to 5Mb file size. Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls please.
18/01/2013 :: Qualified Architect
We are looking for an architect with 2 – 5 years post part III qualification to work from our studio in Yeovil, Somerset, within the residential and commercial sectors. Proficiency in AutoCAD and 3D modelling is a necessity; experience in Revit is a bonus but not essential. Candidates should be highly motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic, have experience in all RIBA project stages with excellent communication and client interface skills.
An exciting long term opportunity to work in a well established and growing practice with a salary based on experience. This is a full time, permanent position with an immediate start.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email. No agencies, thank you.
18/01/2013 :: Project Architect
Howard Laks Architects is currently seeking a Project Architect with a minimum of ten years experience in multi-family, mixed-use projects, hotel and commercial retail design, from pre-design to the completion of construction documents.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- Experience in design and detailing projects through construction documentation level.
- Ability to complete a full set of documents from design development phase, construction document phase and coordinate with all consultants in preparation for building permit.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2010, Photoshop, Sketch-Up, Rhino.
- Ability to work closely with firm principal and production team from schematic design to completion.
- Technical knowledge of (Type I thru Type III) construction.
- Knowledge of local codes; (Santa Monica, Los Angeles) including ADA requirements.
- Revit experience a plus but not required.
Licensure and LEED accreditation is strongly preferred but not required.
We offer a competitive salary, with an excellent opportunity for career growth.
Please submit resume and sample of work by e-mail. Attachments over 5 MB will not be reviewed. No telephone calls please.
18/01/2013 :: Architect
FGM Architects, an architectural leader in the design of PK-12 Education, Higher Education, Municipal and Federal faciliteis is seeking an Architect and Architectural Intern to join our team in the Oak Brook and Chicago, Illinois offices and building upon your architectural career.
- Successful Architect candidates must have a minimum of 5-10 years experience.
- The Architectural Intern must have a minimum of 0-5 years of experience.
All candidates must posses the following skills:
- Dynamic, creative and detail oriented.
- Extremely well organized and able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, solid conceptual design aptitude and the ability to develop presentations, designs and technical solutions through all phases of a project.
- Highly proficient in Revit Architeccture with experience in both design and construction documentation with Revit.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and rendering in 3-D modeling software.
- Licensure preferred, will consider candidates on the licensure track.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
18/01/2013 :: Architects
We are currently looking to appoint a number of Technicians and Architects for this leading studio, very near to Sevenoaks.
Working on a range of projects including education, commercial and residential schemes, the architects and technicians will work at all stages of design, planning and delivery. The studio has been hugely involved in the recent changes to guidelines on education design, and as such their order book is very healthy for the year.
UK experience delivering large scale projects is prerequisite, with ideal candidates having experience in the education sector. The studio uses ArchiCAD but training will be provided where required. ArchiCAD users will be given preference.
Because of the location of this role, you will need to have access to a car or motorcycle as the studio does not benefit from easy access to public transport. The location suits those based in West Kent, Surrey or South London.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading studio with a busy workload. Please forward your CV and Portfolio to email.