22/01/2013 :: Intermediate Level Interior Designer
Clodagh Design is looking for an Intermediate Level Interior Designer for luxury, boutique and branded hotels, restaurant and high-end residential projects to join our talented team. The ideal candidate would be a creative, self-motivating and meticulous individual that is willing to embark on amazing projects and a rewarding professional experience. Candidates must be energetic, detail-oriented, client savvy and able to work independently and as well as part of a studio team.
- Exhibits an understanding of the firm's design philosophy as it applies to each project.
- Ability to select finishes and materials, review shop drawings, create and manage F,F& E schedules and budgets for hospitality and residential projects.
- Capability to develop multiple design themes and oversee all finish and material selections including fabrics, trims, furniture, lighting, fixtures, tile, plumbing fittings & fixtures, and accessories.
- Provide strong leadership, organization and relationship management skills while working with the project team.
- Coordinates furniture and material selections with outside consultants and vendors.
- Deep knowledge of the design process and resources, including custom furniture, construction, specifications, colors and materials, and trends.
- Produce complete construction drawing using AutoCAD, Revit and hand drawing.
- Experience in Interior Architecture - hospitality and high-end residential projects.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of professional working experience.
- NCIDQ licensed preferred.
- LEED AP or strong knowledge of environmental and sustainability friendly products.
- Basic knowledge of NYC building and ADA codes.
- Able to put together a basic interior design construction set.
- Provide excellent presentation skills including 2D and 3D rendering skills.
- Proficiency in millwork detailing and specifications.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite. Revit knowledge preferred.
- Must be a US green card holder or US citizen.
- Must be currently living in NYC.
We offer a competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter with salary requirements and work samples in PDF format 5MB limit, [no websites please] to email. Please include Intermediate Level Interior Designer on the subject line. No phone calls please.
22/01/2013 :: Lead Interior Designer / Interior Architect
The Studio Harrods are seeking a candidate with experience in both the high end luxury residential and commercial markets. Applicants must be experienced in driving the conceptual side of the design with an extensive source of inspirational ideas and images to enhance the project and deliver world class service to the client.
- Responsible for running large interior design projects from inception to completion.
- Able to deliver high end luxury concepts which meets the client’s requirements.
- Able to deliver well finished sketchings, CAD drawings and Photoshop.
- Creating and maintaining the installation schedule for each project.
- Responsible for the coordination of, and pitching of design concepts to high end residential and commercial clients, and in doing so securing new business.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of all sub-contractors for each project.
- Review and approve joinery drawings, lighting schemes, electrical layouts for each project.
- Responsible for tracking the production of all drawings and other information required by the architects and/or contractors to ensure deadlines are met.
- Attend all client and site meetings, taking minutes for each meeting and ensure that the client signs off on these minutes.
- Able to deliver high class presentations to clients.
- Responsible for managing the budget for each project; including the costing estimates and pricing.
- Responsible for managing all expenses and overheads in accordance with Harrods policy.
- The ideal candidate must understand The Studio aesthetic but still have an individual defined approach to design with the ability to deliver across a range of style types e.g. Modern, Contemporary Classic, Commercial, Luxury.
- Ability to be flexible in the design approach and tailor each creative pitch to the individual client.
- Experience of working across international markets with an understanding of varying cultural residential requirements in the Middle East, Far East, Europe & Australasia.
- Knowledge of, and access to, a large array of luxury finishes, fittings, furniture and details, ready to be incorporated into Studio designs and shared with The Studio team.
- Understanding of the RIBA Design and Build Stages with an ability to work within allocated timeframes to deliver the information required in a cost effective and efficient way in line with client and project requirements.
Leadership, training & development:
- Responsible for managing a team & dealing with issues arising.
- To manage the team’s progress through performance reviews of their objectives & succession plans.
- To contribute to the team as a whole through the sharing of experience, technical skills and creative direction, suppliers and imagery.
- Industry experience in luxury resort and hotel design from concept to implementation and delivery.
- Experience of working as part of a design team delivering luxury residential, casinos, retail and corporate fit-outs, both nationally and internationally.
- Relevant Industry Qualification – Degree or Diploma required.
- Portfolio to demonstrate the extensive experience in high end luxury commercial markets- including evidence of experience of all stages- from inception to completion.
- Adobe InDesign.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Illustrator.
How to apply:
If your skills, qualifications and experience match the above please forward your CV and portfolio to email (not to exceed 10mb).
No agencies please.
22/01/2013 :: Project Architect
- Capable of completing project independently and presenting to clients.
- Experience in large scale public building, especially hospital design.
- Abilities in conceptual design, schematic design and design development. Good at organizing project designing process and understanding the needs of the clients.
- Familiar with English (CET-6 or higher), any Germany or French language skills are preferred.
- Ardently interested in architecture designing, high responsibility and good spirit with teamwork.
22/01/2013 :: Architect
Accomplishes results through lower-level experienced exempt employees. Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards; viewed as expert within the corporation. Plans, programs, designs, coordinates, and supervises the preparation of construction documents of projects for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources. Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with Detailed Design Documents: May prepare client project presentations studies, and reports: Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans: May direct activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project.
10-15 years of experience required, BA/BS or MA (Master of Architecture), license is required. Prefer experience in working with Federal (DOD and NON-DOD) state and local government contracts.
Qualified candidates may apply for this position at our website REF:IRC270795 or email.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
22/01/2013 :: Architect
If you're an Architect looking for an opportunity to join a new and thriving practice and take an established role within the firm, this opening in Kent could be for you.
This architectural firm are really busy and experienced continued growth in work load as they look to establish themselves in the Kent market. They are undertaking a high volume amount of one off residential schemes but also a number of public projects with sustainable elements. This role is going to require a real all-rounder, you will need to be confident on all aspects from planning and design through to technical stages and site visits. You will be a confident communicator as you'll be very hands on with clients, the view is that down the line you'll be very much in a role of authority including team leading. There isn't a large support team so you'll need to still be very proficient on computers with AutoCAD experience desired. The firm shares a great relationship with a Landscape focused firm so there will also be liaison between you and them on shared projects.
The firm are ambitious and enthusiastic about their product and vision of where they want to be as a firm. They may not be able to match the commercial elements of a larger firm but what they can offer is fast development and progression for the right individual.
Initially on offer is a permanent role with salary being dependant on experience and ability but to £30,000. You may have many years in the industry or be 2 - 5 years PQE, this role is about the right individual as it is level of experience.
To apply please send your CV and portfolio to email.
For further opportunities please visit our website or call 0844 873 1430 for more information.