17/01/2013 :: Project Architect
With our stable of high profile clients expanding, our integrated architecture and lighting design studio has an opportunity for a talented architect with substantial relevant experience in hospitality and retail design. We seek a degreed architect with 5 + years experience who can make an immediate contribution to our restaurant projects while embracing our treatise of integrating lighting and architectural design. Strong communication skills/technical acumen in construction documentation with fluency in AutoCAD required; a team leader with a collaborative creative spirit is also essential.
This competitively salaried position includes a full range of benefits that include paid holidays, vacation, medical, education stipend, 401(K) plan and a great office environment in the heart of San Francisco.
If you’re excited by what we do and you have the qualities and experience we seek, please email, as separate attachments, your cover letter expressing your interest, your resume, and an electronic portfolio of no more than 7MB in size with representative examples of your work to:
Architecture & Light
60 Brady Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
17/01/2013 :: 3D Designer
ICRAVE, an award winning hospitality design and branding firm seeks talented 3D designers to work in our studio. Candidates must have a background in Interior Design or Architecture with a strong design sensibility. All applicants must dominate different modeling techniques in 3DS Max as well as photorealistic rendering in V-Ray. Experience and proficiency in AutoCAD (2D) is required. Proficiency in Rhino is a plus but is not required.
Qualified candidates should send samples of work to email. Samples should include examples of interior lighting techniques and realistic material mapping with a clear description of what your responsibility was in the production of each image (i.e. modeling, lighting, mapping, post production, rendering or all).
Please keep all correspondence under 2 MB and note the position for which you are applying.
We regret that we are unable to accept phone calls.
17/01/2013 :: Architectural Designer
With a relatively small team EMD studio is able to deliver breathtaking installation on an international level. The studio is a fast paced, vibrant, friendly and creative place delivering work to high-end clients. We are currently looking for an architectural designer to join our team.
- Developing design briefs and translating ideas into client presentations.
- Generating CAD drawings and Rhino 3D models for production.
- Generating 3D models and rendering for visualizations/movies.
- Liaising with suppliers and monitoring fabrication.
- Managing freelance assistants.
- 4 – 5 years of relevant and proven industry experience.
- English as a first language.
- Permit to work in the UK for at least 2 years and already a resident in the UK.
- Advanced Rhino 3D modeling skills.
- Excellent 3D rendering skills in Rhino, Maya, Maxwell or 3Dstudio Max.
- Grasshopper scripting skills.
- Excellent CS5 skills.
- Good knowledge of materials and fabrication processes.
- An understanding of current lighting technologies.
- Experience of working and communicating directly with manufacturers to develop products from design concept to manufacture.
- Evidence in the CV of technical detailing.
- Model making skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word and operating a Mac.
- Ability to be self-directed and highly motivated with a hands-on energetic approach.
- Be a clear confident communicator with internal and external people at all levels.
- Highly efficient, ability to think creatively and work to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and critical thinking throughout the design process.
- Flexibility and an ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Travelling for installations and supplier visits, including working outside of usual office hours.
- Excellent time management skills.
17/01/2013 :: Project Architect
NELSON is focused on creation with passion to deliver. We provide creative solutions through Interior Design, Architecture, Engineering, Strategic Planning, Information Services and Workplace Services in the corporate and residential real estate markets. With 33 locations in the United States and overseas, and the resources of more than 320 professionals worldwide, NELSON provides dedicated, quality service through a proven delivery network.
Selected by Interiors & Sources magazine as one of the five “Great Places to Work” and ranked among the “Top Giants” by Interior Design magazine, NELSON is always looking for people with skills, vision and character who can go beyond a job description to find new and innovative ways to contribute to our company's success. If you are looking for a growing, highly professional work environment and enjoy working with creative minds, NELSON is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Project Architect in Philadelphia, PA. The Project Architect will participate, as a member of the project team, in all aspects of preparing complete and comprehensive architectural construction drawings and specifications and coordinate the documents with project consultants and contractors.
- Attend meetings with clients, consultants, contractors and vendors as required.
- Participate in the design phase activities by providing expertise in detail development.
- Organize and prepare all construction drawings and specifications.
- Participate in all construction phase activities.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the standards libraries including CAD standards and procedures.
- Conduct existing conditions surveys and prepare architectural base plans, sections, elevations and details as appropriate to document relevant conditions.
- Review applicable building and accessibility codes and develop a list of criteria to be reflected in the design documents.
- Assist the design team by researching products and systems that accomplish the design intent.
- Prepare construction documents including, but not limited to: demolition plans; partition plans; reflected ceiling plans; telephone/electric/data plans; finish plans; large scale details plans; sections and elevations; detail drawings for millwork and cabinetry; schedules for doors, frames, hardware, architectural finishes and partition types; and construction specifications for all material, finish and product selections.
- Review both NELSON and consultant documents, conferring with the Senior Project Architect, and the Project Manager as needed, to ensure consistency with both NELSON project and quality standards, accomplish the design intent, and code compliance.
- Prepare bidding documents, general conditions and supplemental conditions that are part of the contract documents.
- Prepare and issue addenda as required.
- Establish and maintain the shop drawing/sample submission log during the construction phase.
- Review and process all shop drawing/sample submissions and consult with the Senior Project Architect, Project Manager, and Project Designer, as appropriate, to ensure that the design intent is being maintained.
- Prepare and issue responses to contractor’s request for information.
- Prepare and issue bulletin and change order documentation.
- Participate in job site meetings and construction observation activities as required.
- Participate in the punch list process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and 5-10 years’ experience in the Architecture profession.
- Experience working on historic preservation projects.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit software.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
- Architectural License and LEED AP accreditation preferred.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by emailing your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please list the job title and location in the subject line. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
17/01/2013 :: Project Architect
MTA Architects are a well established Architectural Practice in Torbay and currently have a position for an all‐round project architect with strong client management skills, design ability and experience in delivering projects of all sizes. Knowledge of Vector works and ArchiCAD would be beneficial.
This is a key role with excellent opportunities for a directorship in the future.
Please send your letter of interest and CV and examples of your work to email.