08/02/2013 :: Architectural Designer
Los Angeles based architectural firm currently working both domestically and overseas is seeking Architectural Designer with a minimum of 3 years professional experience and a strong design background. Applicants should have excellent 3D graphic and architectural design skills as well as experience in all project phases. Projects will include multi-family, single family residential, hospitality, and interiors. The best candidate will have demonstrated the ability to be self-motivated within the culture of a collaborative studio environment.
The position requires proficiency in Vectorworks, and Sketchup. In your application materials please illustrate your proficiency with a list of production programs used, and describe your responsibility for the work shown.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years professional experience using 3D software as a design/production tool.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture.
- Knowledge of architectural practice.
- Experience in construction document preparation.
- Strong organizational skills.
Please submit resume and work samples along with a cover lettering outlining your suitability for the position to email. Please do not send attachments over 5 MB. Responses without a cover letter or work samples will be discarded. No phone calls please.
08/02/2013 :: Architect
Marcus Gleysteen Architects is looking for a great architectural designer for a full-time place in our office. Experience with high-end residential design and construction is required. You should be able to demonstrate design and technical capability. Our projects are very design intensive so your capability in both aesthetic and programming problems solving will be essential.
M-Arch preferred but B-Arch minimum with an additional 3 to 10 years of work experience is required. Knowledge of AutoCad, SketchUp and Revit skills are preferred.
Marcus Gleysteen Architects is a Boston-based architectural firm focused primarily on houses. We create purpose-driven design that engages a diversity of contexts, environments and resources. MGA is rooted in design principles rather than stylistic circumstance.
Please provide succinct resume and portfolio in PDF format and direct inquiries to email.
08/02/2013 :: Technical Architect
Studio Meng Strazzara is a Seattle architecture firm with a diverse portfolio (Educational, Maintenance/Transportation Facilities, and Commercial projects under contract) and is seeking an experienced Technical (Project) Architect to join our team. View recent projects on our website.
We have been committed to design excellence and unmatched service to our clients since the beginning of our practice in 1976. Our designers come from all over the world and share a passion for the built environment and for creating spaces that are timeless, functional, and beautiful. As architects and designers, we live for each new opportunity to apply our creative talents and instincts. We strive to blend "form and function" to help make each small but important part of our world a little better.
We offer competitive salaries and bonus, and a benefits program including health, vision and dental insurance; long-term disability insurance and a 401(k) plan which includes employer matching.
We are seeking a professional with the following:
- 8+ years experience.
- Architectural license.
- Experience in all phases of design, documentation and construction management.
- Strong knowledge of construction materials and methods, and codes.
- Proven ability to produce quality construction documents.
- Proficient with AutoCAD / Revit.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
Submit cover letter and resume with relevant experience to email in PDF or MS Word format only.
08/02/2013 :: Senior Project Architect
The AUS Campus Development Department Campus Development Department is a team of architects working on a wide range of exciting projects on campus, with particular emphasis on institutional, residential and sports architecture.
We are currently looking for a passionate new member to add to our design team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10 years (Senior Project Architect/Manager) – including relevant academic, retail and residential experience.
- Qualification from a recognized architectural body (e.g. AIA, NZIA, RAIA etc…)
- Excellent all round architectural design skills and a good sense in urban design.
- Significant experience in detail design and project delivery on both large and small scale projects.
- Excellent in Adobe Creative Suite skills.
- Proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Work experience in the Middle East would be a certain advantage.
- Project Management Institute Accredited.
- The American University of Sharjah provides a package of benefits to all permanent staff.
To apply please mention the job title in the email subject line and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
08/02/2013 :: Senior Interior Designer
Our client is now recruiting for a talented Interior Designer with a minimum of 6 years experience in hospitality projects such as high-end Hotels, Club Houses and Resorts. Creativity is a must; you will be highly imaginative and have the ability to generate new ideas and interpretations. Luxury residential experience will also be considered.
- Manage several simultaneous projects.
- Handle independent design; initiation and coordination of directed design.
- Liaise regularly with clients/consultants/suppliers/contractors.
- Follow up with project site progress.
- Degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Minimum 6years relevant experience in hospitality/hotel design.
- Proven experience in producing Interior Design details, design and construction drawings, (including tender and construction drawings, detail drawings, sample boards, etc.)
- Porfolio consisting of China and/or other International projects.
- Focused, well-organized, positive attitude, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office and Photoshop.
- Fluency in English and Cantonese; Mandarin is an advantage.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Jessica Wong on +852 2915 2900 or email your updated CV and PDF format portfolio examples (less than 3MB).