11/01/2013 :: Intermediate Architect
For several high-rise projects in the design development and construction documentation phase, HWKN (HollwichKushner) is looking for an Intermediate Architect with conceptual design talent and extensive building experience. The Intermediate Architect will work closely with and report directly to the Senior Architect.
Candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 4 years+ of proven experience in all phases of design process: conceptual, detail and design development, construction documents, construction administration, site supervision.
- High-rise experience preferred.
- Revit experience highly preferred.
- Highly developed skills in client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, building design technical detailing, consultant coordination, construction administration.
- Excellent AutoCAD and Adobe Suite skills.
- Proficiency in Rhino.
- Able to travel.
- Strong graphic and design talent.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Valid working permit (New York office).
HWKN (Hollwich Kushner) is a New York based architecture and design office whose projects span the worlds of architecture, branding, and development. HWKN embraces all facets of contemporary culture to enrich and reinvent buildings. The office is involved in a diverse range of projects that include Wendy, the 2012 Museum of Modern Art PS1 Pavilion; J2, the tallest residential development in New Jersey; the Fire Island Pines Pavilion, and the UNIQLO Cubes. The office focuses on global cultural projects, large-scale developments, brand-enhancing interventions and architecture for our aging society.
Cover letter, resume, references with contact information, and portfolio in PDF format of maximum 10MB should be submitted by email to Matthew Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to indicate your specific involvement in each project in your portfolio. Please include the position title "Intermediate Architect Position" in the subject line. Please limit correspondence to email at this time.
11/01/2013 :: Senior Designer
OAD is a team of architects and designers working on a wide range of exciting projects globally, with particular emphasis in hospitality and residential (single family/ multifamily) architecture. We are currently looking for passionate new members of our design team, both at the Designer and Senior Project Manager levels.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum 5 years (Designer), 10 years (Senior Project Manager) – including relevant hospitality and residential experience.
- Excellent all round architectural design skills and sensibility.
- Significant experience in detail design and project delivery on both large and small scale projects.
- Excellent 3D (Maya, Rhino) and Adobe Creative Suite skills.
- Proficiency with Revit, preferably ArchiCAD is advantageous.
- Necessary work documents for employment in the United States.
OAD provides a package of benefits to all permanent staff.
11/01/2013 :: Interior Designer
Roman and Williams, a 20+ person architecture and interiors firm in NoHo, is seeking an interior designer with 3-5 years professional experience.
The position involves contributing to the production, management and coordination of projects from design concept through completion of installation. Applicants should be comfortable working in AutoCAD and Adobe CS and demonstrate a strong ability in the following:
- Materials sourcing and specification.
- Furniture sourcing (custom furniture design a plus).
- Graphics and visual presentation.
- Visual Research.
- Hospitality experience is a plus.
Applicant should be organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to take on a variety of tasks. Strong verbal and written communications skills, time management and the ability to multi-task will be required.
Please note the following for the application process:
- Please send your cover letter, resume and work samples to email.
- Please title your email: '(your name) – RW FF&E / Interior Designer'.
- Please copy your cover letter into the body of the email.
- Please attach your resume and work samples documents in PDF format only.
- Emails to the Principals of the company will not be answered.
11/01/2013 :: Architects
Opportunities are currently available for motivated and qualified Architects or those seeking to fulfill the requirements toward professional Architectural registration.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a background in Revit, Sketch-up, and construction detailing. B. Arch or M. Arch required with professional experience. Candidates need capable design, organizational and communication skills and client oriented commitment.
In addition to architectural experience, client relations, business orientation and project administration qualities are strongly desired. The successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at various stages of completion.
RAL Architecture + Design, Inc. offers competitive salaries, a project profit share program based on performance and an attractive benefits package.
Interested candidates should send resumes to:
RAL Architecture + Design, Inc.
230 Market Street
Lewisburg, PA 17837
11/01/2013 :: Senior Project Architect
Buro Ole Scheeren is an international architecture firm with a 50-person staff that practices architecture, urbanism, and research. As part of Buro-OS’ expanding portfolio of work throughout Asia, including high-rise buildings, multi-use developments, and cultural projects, our Beijing office seeks talented designers who share an enthusiasm and commitment to critical thinking, innovative design, and an investigative approach to comprehensive design.
We are looking for a Senior Project Architect with extensive project management experience on large-scale projects, preferably in Asia, from design through construction. Qualified candidates should have overseen the design and construction of large-scale projects at internationally renowned architectural design firms.
Candidates should have experience that demonstrates the ability to lead complex projects of the highest quality and ambition, coordinate and collaborate with an extensive team of local and international consultants (including Executive/Local Architect/LDI, SMEP engineers, façade, sustainability, traffic, etc.), as well as the ability to manage, lead, and communicate with the client and consultant team.
You will be responsible for managing all design and construction phases of a large-scale project in Asia, working directly with the Partner in Charge, and will manage, guide and mentor our internal design team and coordinate all drawing sets, pro-actively direct the consultant team, and maintain regular communication and workshops with the client. The ability to collaborate, motivate, and build strong relationships with all team members is essential.
- 8 years minimum experience in international design offices.
- Strong and clear communication skills and a systematic approach to overall project management and the design process.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Architecture.
- Highly developed skills in team leadership and organization, client communication, project scheduling, staffing/manpower allocations, high-rise building design, technical detailing, consultant coordination, and construction documents and administration.
- Knowledge and familiarity with general planning and code regulations.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to a high level of design in a high energy work environment.
- Fluency in English; Bilingual (English/Mandarin) is a plus.
- Strong AutoCAD, Microsoft Office/Project, and Adobe CS skills.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with ability and experience. Positions are currently based in Beijing.
Interviews in London could be scheduled for the 13th of January 2013.