09/01/2013 :: Project Architect
Kenneth Park Architecture, a mid town based architectural and design firm, is looking for a Project Architect for our New York Office. We seek the highest caliber of talent in the marketplace for career opportunities in Retail, Mixed –Use, Hospitality and Development Architecture. We have a passion for quality in our product, our performance, our experience and our people. We seek candidates who are not only the most talented but those who embody the KPA personality.
Project Architect with Retail and Hospitality experience.
The Project Architect will work as a member of a team in the production of design and construction documents. The project architect will be in constant contact with the project manager and client to ensure the coordination of all consultants and project deadlines. The qualified candidate must also be familiar with all facets of an architectural survey.
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in Architectural/Design Services.
- Bachelor of Architecture degree required.
- Maintain and implement client standards.
- Strong production skills, previous experience in retail preferred.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe and MS office.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
We are an EOE, please send cover letter with salary requirement and resume to email.
09/01/2013 :: Intermediate Architect
Shlemmer+Algaze+Associates (SAA) is an architectural firm specializing in the design of commercial office interiors and base building renovations that currently has an opening for an Intermediate Designer with Workplace Planning and Design experience.
This is a challenging position with the opportunity for growth and development. We prefer to promote from within and will assist in your training and development.
Qualifications and skills:
- 5 + years experience (Corporate office interiors and tenant improvement experience REQUIRED). We are only accepting applications that meet this requirement.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (required).
- Sketch-Up 3D rendering abilities (required).
- Ability to space plan from program and meet programming requirements.
- Coordinates with team to meet Code and Zoning requirements.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Capable of developing a program for design.
- ADA Code knowledge and ability to complete ADA Survey.
- Capable of preparing full furniture and finish specifications with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the industry/profession.
- Ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly with a willingness to learn and accept new challenges.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking ability and good judgment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks against deadlines and other metrics.
- Self-starter, motivated, takes initiative, has strong work ethic.
- Customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Competent and knowledge of 2010 California Building Code and Title 24 Code Compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree with related work experience.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Transform initial rough product designs into working documents using AutoCAD.
- Responsible for reviewing submittals with guidance from Project Manager.
- Lead design representative with client on select projects.
- Organize design production tasks and delegate to team.
- Interface and communicate directly with clients.
- Business communication writing skills.
- Responsible for coordinating technical program requirements from client.
- Create complex drafting assignments requiring knowledge of drafting techniques.
- Consult with SAA employees and clients or consultants on the development of plans and specifications.
- Develop 3D models or design concepts.
We offer a competitive salary with medical benefits, a 401k program with firm matching, training programs, and a fun work environment. We have offices in Culver City, Orange County, Los Angeles and New Jersey.
If you would like to learn more, please send us your resume with salary history and tell us why you would be a good candidate by clicking the link below:
Shlemmer Algaze Associates, www.saaia.com
09/01/2013 :: 3D Architectural Visualizer
UNStudio Shanghai is currently looking for experienced 3D Architectural Visualizers. The atmosphere within the office is open, international, multidisciplinary and ambitious, but also friendly with attention to personal development and career planning.
- 2-3 years of experience as a 3D Architectural Visualizer.
- Fluent English communication skills.
- Excellent rendering skills, with strong aesthetic and creative vision.
- Innate attention to detail and lighting, and technical expertise in a range of visualization tools.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong proficiency in V-Ray, 3ds Max, Cinema4D, Lumion, etc.
- Experience producing 3d animations and using video editing software.
- 3D modeling skills in Rhinoceros required.
- Excellent post-production skills using Photoshop, etc.
- Architectural background a plus.
This position is for full-time employment in Shanghai only. Freelancers, consultants, and rendering companies need not apply.
Working conditions are according to Chinese legislation. Applications consisting of a short motivation letter, C.V. and portfolio can be sent digitally (PDF, max. 10mb) to Feely Pan at email.
Please include both interior and exterior renderings, links to animations, and clearly indicate the software/tools used and the degree of involvement for each sample of work.
09/01/2013 :: Project Architect
Stenfors Associates Architects is seeking a project architect to work on current projects. Applicants should preferably have a Master's Degree in architecture from an accredited university with 2 to 5 years experience. We are looking to hire local candidates who are available to start work immediately and have authorization to work in the U.S. We are not considering candidates from outside of the US. Excellent English, both written and spoken, is required. Those individuals without proficiency in Revit will not be considered.
- 2 to 5 years of architectural design, production & technical experience through all phases of project design and documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal, writing and graphic communication skills.
- Detail oriented and able to produce accurate and complete work with minimal supervision.
- Well organized, good team worker.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Revit, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite.
- 3D rendering proficiency in Artlantis and web design skills are a plus.
- Construction Administration experience with projects where you prepared CD’s is a plus.
Current work includes laboratories, restaurants, medical, higher education projects, high end housing, interiors and challenging Revit & 3D modeling assignments. The firm emphasizes the use of 3D modeling and software in the design and construction process.
Please email resume in PDF format (file size less than 4 MB and do not exceed 10 pages) with design & technical drawing work samples (a Revit sample is required). Word format resumes are not acceptable. Resumes submitted without work samples and a cover letter (describing yourself and why you want to work for us) will not be considered; applications with only a reference to a website will not be considered.
All applicants who are not U.S. citizens must describe their status to work in the United States, including visa type and duration. Send a salary history, salary desired as well as immigration status to email. Salary is competitive and based on experience/skill level. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
09/01/2013 :: Architects
LAMBERT Architecture + Interiors is an expanding, mutli-discipline leader in the design of Corporate, Institutional, and Financial Facilities with an increasing presence in the Academic / Higher Education market. We are actively seeking qualified talent with domestic experience in a professional commercial design firm as follows:
ARCHITECT INTERN with Bachelor's Degree in Architecture (5 year degree preferred) with 3+ years experience and proficiency with production drawing skills. Active participation in the NCARB IDP preferred, with desire to obtain license.
REGISTERED ARCHITECT with 5+ years experience in a leadership role. Minimum of 3 years experience - within the past 5 years - overseeing the production of construction documents. As Project Architect, you will lead teams from Schematic Design through Construction Administraiton, coordinate project changes, and maintain project communication with Owners, Consultants, and Contractors.
Positions related to architecture require project experience that includes institutional, financial, and/or healthcare facilities in the United States by a commercial design firm. Residential work, projects abroad, independant consulting, and experience less than years mentioned does not qualify. Proficiency in AutoCAD and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required. LEED accreditation or experience is preferred. Registered Architects must hold current license in at least one state, with NCARB certification for additional license by reciprocity. Some travel requiring client contact and job site coordination is required for all positions.
Marketing position requires superior verbal and written communication skills; and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe products.
Fill out the Word Doc application below and email it, along with your cover letter and resume, to Francie Powers at email.
Download LAMBERT application